This month, I celebrate my 10 year anniversary in the yoga and fitness industry. That’s a whole decade of helping people lose weight, live without pain and become healthier and happier. It’s also a whole decade of making mistakes and learning new things. And trust me, I’ve learned A LOT over the past 10 years. Below you can read about the top 10 myths of yoga. These were all things that I made the mistake of thinking before I started yoga.
1. You have to be flexible to do yoga
2. You have to chant
3. Yoga is a religion
4. Yogis sit around and sing kum-by-yah all day.
5. Yogi’s don’t have the same problems that I do.
6. Men can’t do yoga.
7. Yoga is only for people who are fit and thin.
8. Yoga is not for people with chronic injuries.
9. I tried yoga once and I didn’t like it.
10. All yogis are vegan.
While I have mad respect for all vegans everywhere, I have not made the decision to go vegan. I still enjoy a good cheeseburger and ice cream cone every now and then. And guess what, there’s a lot of yogis out there who feel the same as me. Try a yoga class, I promise you won’t have to give up your favorite burger. 😉